Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fathers Day 2009

To my family:

Lea,
There is a lot to be said for eggs made by you. I remember the first time you made them, I couldn’t get over how light and fluffy they were and there was this taste that I just couldn’t figure out. I asked your mom if she had added anything to them and she no. I half joked it must because they were made with so much love it made them that much better. I’ve come to learn that’s exactly what made them that much better and it’s what makes life taste that much better. I love you.

Logan,
I love you for driving your hot wheels cars over my head while I’m sleeping, stealing my blankets when you’re cold, and improving my engineering skills by fixing your transformers over and over again. You know, just when I think it’s not possible for you to break anything else in the house you prove me wrong, and without that; my level of patience would never be able to expand. (Lucky for you it has.) Thanks for helping me grow as a father.

Karen,
Thanks for keeping me humble and taking care of our little family while I’m away from you guys. I often get frustrated with work, but somehow you help me keep things in perspective. It doesn’t matter if I just spent the day with General Casey, or the Vice Chairman of the joint chiefs, you’ll let me tell my tale of adventure, give me a peck on my cheek and tell me to take out the trash. Only you… ;)

There is a lot to be said for the unconditional love that a father gets from his family.

Thanks for letting me be your daddy…

1 comment:

  1. Happy Fathers Day David!! Good luck on the walk! I hope the sun shines.

    E

    ReplyDelete