Sunday, September 6, 2009

I will not forget this is a war!



I will not forget this is a war!
As the day approaches I think of all that has happened since that fateful day. I now know the difference between concern and anguish. I am not what I was before that day and how could anyone who felt anguish rather than concern after September 11th. My mind is forever branded from the images of that day.

Powerless is how I felt to watch my fellow man destroyed. I have heard so much religious rhetoric, but it’s all passive. I’m not one of those who just had a flash of concern then just let it die. No. I broke down. I cried. I prayed. That anguish and not a fleeting moment of concern is what drove me down to my knees. I have been serving my country since 1991 because I believe in something bigger than myself, something many of us who have stood on foreign lands carrying a blued steel rod understand all to well. That the American solider is without doubt no stranger to suffering and sacrifice.



We have got to lay our lives down for God. This is a war for the souls of men! Does it matter to you that there is such a coldness sweeping the land? That’s all the devil wants to do is get the fight out of you so you won’t weep before God anymore. You can just sit and watch television and play video games while your country goes to hell or you can fight.


“We were made to fight! We were made to strive. We were made to conquer. We were made to give ourselves for something that is eternal. “ ~ Paul Washer



~We were called to advance a kingdom


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes words are not enough but, thank you for your service, David. For keeping us safe. For understanding the true meaning of AMERICA! ...and fighting for her.
    Hugs,
    Arline

    ReplyDelete