Sunday, April 26, 2009

Heat Wave


WOW, with temps soaring to 86F here at the ranch yesterday and today expected to do the same I completely forgot about the frost on my car just last week. I think just about everyone I spoke to was thankful to be able to shut their heat off.  Even with crude oil at $51.49 per barrel this week and expected to drop I was extremely happy to cut the heat off. 
I was able to catch this Tufted Titmouse moving into our bird house today. A pair of these characters worked all morning long collecting and ferrying nesting materials to their new quarters.  These will be our first tenants since we put up the house at the end of last spring.
Karen's new Adirondack chairs were finally assembled after a team effort getting them stained with our new favorite color "Crocodile Tears" needless to say the extremely warm weather helped speed the drying process along. These things are actually pretty comfortable. 


1 comment:

  1. birdhouse picture is sooooo pretty! enjoy the warm weather! i am....

    ReplyDelete