Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mill Pond Wildlife


This was an interesting day and much cooler than yesterday, about thirty degrees cooler to be exact.  We did manage to get the rest of the debris from the two oak trees we removed over to the compost yesterday morning well before the oppressive heat set in. After that it was movie time in the nice cool living room.

Today turned out to be a little more adventurous. After a trip down to the refuge and seeing that not much was happening there I went over to Mill Pond in West Newbury. I found a little more action there and it kept my attention for a few hours at least.  It Seems the beaver in the Southern part of the pond is building an addition, but as I moved in for a shot he caught my sent and was gone. I did manage to get three or four shots as I waded around to get a better eye on him, but nothing worth posting here. On my way I was able to sneak up on a woodpecker, some small turtles, and a few of the local bull frogs.  For me being out there connected to nature has spiritual connotations on a very basic level. 

All in all not a bad day out there, I even contemplated taking a nap out at the pond, but my hunger soon took over and eradicated that thought from my mind. Hope everyone is staying healthy and not getting too concerned over the Swine flu. So far no confirmed cases in Newburyport, at least that's the news we got from the town via the schools call back system.

No comments:

Post a Comment